Reports to: The General Manger
Hours: Full time Monday-Friday
Salary: £22,000 -£30,000
The Membership Secretary is responsible for communication with the Club’s members and is a primary point of contact for potential members.
Additionally, he/she carries out various administrative tasks related to the daily running of the Club.
The Membership Secretary’s main tasks are:
• The Primary Point of contact for ALL Members via telephone, email and in person
• Deal with day to day requirements of the Members
• Investigating and resolving queries and discrepancies with member accounts
• Preparation of all general correspondence with new members – packs, info & card, letter of introduction
• The management and correspondence of Reciprocal Clubs – renewing, change of details, drawing up new agreements via The Board
• Updating all membership Collateral and ensure is relevant at all times
• Managing Membership Enquires and updating database daily
• Conduct tours of the Club for Membership Enquiries
• Maintain the individual annual Membership subscription renewals and managing the administrative process
• Maintain the Renewal of 100 Club Subscription annually
• Attend Committee Meetings and report current data. Carry out tasks & actions as delegated by the Committee Chairman
• Actively contributing to process reviews, incentives and general ideas regarding attracting & retaining membership
• Assisting the committee with new member events
• To create accounts for enquiries and new members within the database, and regularly update as they move throughout the application process
• To extract data from the system to carry out reports as requested by Membership committee/General Manger/Board.
• To ensure Office is presentable at all times.
• To answer phone calls in a timely, efficient manner.
• To be present at Board meetings and to take minutes and distribute.
• Responsible for Managing and maintaining office systems – PC, copier, server.
• Nominated Data Protection Officer.
• Opening and distributing post, and preparing outgoing post.
• Taking payments and keeping up to date records.
• Carry out secretarial duties as requested by The Chairman.
• To send weekly correspondence to members about events and general info via Mail Chimp.
• To ensure Company templates are used at all times.
• To communicate with General & Operations Manager at all times.
• Effectively communicate with all other staff members.
• Assist operations manager with admin duties.
• Assist Events & Operations Manager with admin duties.
Board & AGM
• Annually prepare all AGM papers with direction from The General Manager.
• Monthly book and co-ordinate attendees, agenda and papers directly with The General Manager & Chairman.
• Attend AGM & Board Meeting and Minute accordingly.
• Process and deliver minutes.
• Carry out any actions requested during the meeting.
• Update Companies House annual.
• Processing BACS payments and transfers on the Company online banking system to the database.
• Deliver a petty cash statement to the accounts manager monthly.
• Track all outstanding invoices and process.
• Send monthly statement of accounts to all members and process payments.
• To monitor and enforce Company payment procedure for aged debtors.
• Provide any information required by the accounts department/annual auditor.
This is a varied and interesting role suited to a candidate who is enthusiastic, well-mannered and customer focused! It would also be desirable if the successful candidate were to have marketing experience.
If it sounds like the perfect role for you, apply today!